Dienstag, 24. September 2013

Kibbutz week 1

English

First of all let me apologize, I was going to post on Sunday but work got in my way.
We arrived here in the Kibbutz En Hanatziv (En Hanatsiv) about a week ago.
It really is a great place, especially considering that technically there is nothing around it, and everything here
has been planted and built by the people in the Kibbutz. En Hanatziv has about 700 inhabitants, this includes us and the religious girls school (midrascha)
Unlike what we have been told initially we don't choose one job and stick with it, we get to choose every evening where we want to work the next day, provided the is an opening. I have tried to jobs until now and don't believe I would want to change anytime soon.
the first job I did for two days was fairly monotonous factory work. my job on the first day was to take foam parts out of two big boxes arrange them into stacks of 100 and them put them into new boxes. The second day was almost as challenging as the first, I got to rip foam parts out of their, for lack of a better word, packaging and fit as many as possible, you guessed it, a box! It really is boring but to be fair probably the easiest job here and not too bad you get to listen to music and or talk to you colleagues. Now comes the fun part, I got work with baby Cows! This job is much more physical and much more fun. All I need to do is empty their buckets, then after Avdir (that what i believe my boss is called) gives them milk, I go check if they finished drinking. those who haven't finished drinking get the milk in the bottle. after that I go for breakfast, when I get back I clean the buckets and fill them with fresh water and then I'm done for the day. Ok this one day I gave them Hay, but that was because we worked in three got things done early. Best part is I'm outside and I can still listen to music. I think I'll try alternating between factory and cows.
Next week we have a small trip to Eilat so I'll probably not get to post until we get back

Deutsch

Ja ich weiß, ich bin etwas spät dran mit dem post aber ich hatte zu tun.
Wir sind jetzt ca eine Woche hier im Kibbutz En Hanatziv und es ist wirklich schön hier!
Vor allem wenn man bedenkt dass um  uns herum größtenteils Wüste ist und alles was hier blüht von den Bewohnern gepflanzt und gepflegt wurde.
Anders als am Anfang angekündigt entscheiden wir uns nicht für einen Job am Anfang und arbeiten da mehrere Wochen, sondern entschieden uns jeden Abend wo wir am Nächsten Tag arbeiten möchten.
Bisher habe ich an zwei stellen gearbeitet. einmal in einer Fabrik wo ich entweder Schaumstoff teile aus zwei Kartons in Stapel a 100 Stück sortiert habe und um diesen dann in kleinere Kartons zupacken, oder Schaumstoff teile aus ihren Verpackungen gerissen um sie dann, ja richtig in Kartons zu packen. Ist eigentlich alles nicht so schlimm da man dabei Musik hören und sich mit seinen Kollegen unterhalten kann.
Mehr Spaß macht es aber mit den Baby kühne zu arbeiten, auch wenn es deutlich anstrengender ist.
Morgens die Eimer leeren damit mein "chef" Avdir diese mit Milch befühlen kann, dann nachsehen ob die auch alle brav getrunken haben.
Den Kühen die nicht getrunken haben die Milch in der Flasche geben, alle Eimer säubern und mit Wasser befüllen und das war es auch schon.
Ein mal musste ich noch Heu nachlegen, aber an dem Tag waren wir zu dritt und sind deshalb früher fertig geworden. Das beste an der Arbeit ist das man an der frischen Luft ist und trotzdem Musik hören kann. Ich glaube ich werde zwischen der Fabrik und den Kühen hin und her wechseln.
Nächste Woche fahren wir nach Eilat der südlichsten Stadt Israels, deshalb werde ich wieder etwas später Posten

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen